No one knows the importance of quality luggage and comfortable clothing more than regular travellers.
Your luggage is your faithful companion, and your clothes can make or break your trip, especially if you're uncomfortable in them. That's why it's essential to carefully pick the things you'll carry with you on your journeys.
But comfort and reliability are just one part of the equation. Environmental awareness has become an inseparable part of our lives, and as such, we should actively find ways to respect our planet, even when we're on the road.
Here's where hemp comes in. Products made from hemp are some of the most sustainable choices you can make when picking your luggage and clothing.
Let's see how this eco-friendly option can help you reduce your environmental footprint.
Table of Contents: Eco-Conscious Travel Essentials: Embracing Hemp for a Greener Journey
What makes hemp eco-friendly?
Hemp is an incredibly versatile plant. Some cultures have used it in various ways for hundreds of years, and nowadays, you can find just about anything you need for your travels made from hemp.
If you're not really sure what makes this plant so special, here are a few facts to consider.
- Hemp is very durable and doesn't require much tending. It can survive and thrive on basic cultivation and minimal watering, which is better for the environment and later consumption.
- Hemp can grow pesticide-free because it can protect itself from most pests and parasites. This means that its fibres are 100% natural and untouched by any poison, which isn't always the case with other types of clothing. Growing hemp in large quantities also leaves a significantly smaller carbon footprint than it does for other plants, such as cotton.
- Fabric made of hamp is completely biodegradable. Once you're done using it, it will decompose completely without leaving a trail of microplastics behind it. This is a much more eco-friendly option than using products made of polyester, plastic, and other similar blends.
- The best thing about hemp products is that they only become better fitted to you the more you use them. While hemp fibre might be slightly rougher than you'd expect, as you use it in your travels, it will become softer and pliable without losing its strength. Hemp clothes are also UV-resistant, making them a perfect fit for adventurers who spend much time outside.
And the list of perks goes on. Using hemp bags and clothing is a great way to support sustainable manufacturing practices, not to mention that your health will benefit from wearing clothes and bags made of 100% natural materials.
Choosing Hemp Bags for More Eco-Friendly Travel
Environment-conscious travellers swear to using hemp bags on their travels, and it's easy to see why. Not only is it a more responsible choice, but hemp fabrics are also strong and can serve you for many years.
Using eco-friendly hemp bags can be a fashion statement just as much as it's an environmentally sound choice. Some manufacturers ensure that their bags aren't just eco-friendly, and design them to look stylish as well.
Hemp fabrics are pretty lightweight, which is an added bonus when you have a strict weight limit for your luggage. Why go for bulky, heavy suitcases when you can pick a high-quality hemp bag and call it a day?
Unlike other leather or polyester, hemp doesn't require much maintenance.
It's resistant to mildew, mould, and dirt and is naturally antimicrobial, so all you have to do is wash it from time to time, and it will only become softer and better after it.
You can find all sorts of bags made of hemp, be it a nifty little crossbody, a backpack, or a proper travel bag that can fit everything you need. Choose your bag wisely, and you'll be able to use it for many years.
Other Products Made of Hemp for Eco-Friendly Travel
Along with hemp bags, you can use many other products to reduce your carbon footprint and ensure you travel in an eco-friendly way. Here are just some of them:
- Hemp clothing is something we already mentioned and is a great fit for everyone on the go. You can find pants, shirts, even underwear and socks made of hemp. They're usually high-quality, and they let your skin breathe and protect you from harmful UV rays.
- Shoes made of hemp will quickly become your go-to once you try them. They're light but durable, made following sustainable practices, and like all other things made of hemp, they're biodegradable. Whether it's summer sandals or waterproof hiking sneakers, hemp can support it all.
- Hemp cosmetics aren't talked about enough, even though they can be extremely beneficial for your skin. You can use a wide range of products, from creams and lotions to deodorants. If you're already using hemp clothing and bags, then hemp cosmetics might be the next step toward a more natural living.
- Other travel necessities like hemp blankets, travel pillows, travel cases, water bottles, sleeping bags, and even sunglasses are all excellent choices for an environmentally-aware traveller who can explore the world knowing that most of the things they use every day are, in fact, 100% natural.
While hemp products are far from being the default choice of fabric, more and more travellers worldwide are discovering this plant's fantastic advantages.
If you're starting to stock up on your travel supplies and you're not sure which way to go, give hemp a chance.
It will not disappoint you, and not only will you have a bag or piece of clothing that will serve you well, but you will travel more in an eco-friendly manner, which might inspire others to do the same.