KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia, July 2, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Kantar, the world's leading evidence-based insights and consulting company, reveals "Malaysia Brand Footprint 2020", the brand ranking that consumers "Choose to buy the most" and "top growing" among FMCG products in the categories of Dairy, Food, Beverages, Health & Beauty and Home Care. Analyzed by the Consumer Reach Points (CRPs) exclusive from Kantar to reflect which brands win the "Moment of Truth" among 508 brands and cover consumers throughout Peninsular Malaysia.
Ranking of "Most Chosen - Top Growing" brands
Most Chosen Brands in Malaysia
- Dairy - Milo - 31 million times
- Food - Maggi - 44 million times
- Beverage - Nescafé - 10 million times
- Health & Beauty - Colgate - 14 million times
- Home Care - Top - 10 million times
Top Growing Brands in Malaysia
- Dairy - Goodday - grew 2 million times
- Food - Adabi - grew 3 million times
- Beverage - Lipton - grew 1 million times
- Health & Beauty - Kotex - grew 1 million times
- Home Care - Daia - grew 1 million times
Howard Chang, Managing Director of Malaysia and Thailand, Kantar (Worldpanel Division) said,
"Household FMCG spend in Malaysia has been stagnant for the past several years. In 2019, there was only 1% more CRP compared with a year ago. About half of the brands in Malaysia gained more consumer decisions, while the remaining half got less.
The top 10 brands in Malaysia have a slight leading edge to win more consumer choices; however, we also see an example of a smaller brand that could gain almost 60% CRP and moved up 25 in the Brand Footprint ranking. We featured their success stories in hope to identify insights that we can all learn from."
Chivanon Piyaphitakskul, Marketing Manager of Malaysia and Thailand, Kantar (Worldpanel Division) added,
"With the major impact of COVID-19, the growth will be even more challenging for some FMCG categories moving forward, hence, a deep understanding of the consumer mind set and a tailored strategy across channels and segments will be key to success. Understanding who your shoppers are, as well as how and when they shop and use your products, is more important now than ever, as this behavior forms the basis of new-norm post COVID-19.
To beyond the COVID-19 crisis, brands need to adapt on Right Channel Focus – with the change in shoppers' purchase habits, priority should be given to the winning channels, Strengthen Value Proposition – key messages and media channels are even more critical, and Ensure Repeat Purchase – trial generation will be key for all brands, but it will be important to know how to retain your shoppers."
3 Trends of Purchase Decision
These drivers behind the successful brands:
- Innovation: Whether it's a new category or line extension into a new variant, brands grew due to successful innovation.
- Convenience: Shoppers are looking for convenience whether it's in the form of packaging, easy to access retail outlets or payment method.
- Agility: Understanding the fast changing environment will give brands the advantage in terms of adapting to the new norm in their communications, operations and new product development etc.
5 Key Levers for Brand Growth
- New needs: The ultimate lever for brand growth is recognising new consumer needs and proceeding to establish a new category.
- More moments: Brands can create more moments or shopping occasions by making their products available and relevant for consumers.
- More categories: Brands can stretch across different categories to attract buyers whose needs are not currently met by the existing functions of the brand.
- More targets: Brands can create new variants that they know will appeal to a wider range of individual needs in order to attract new targets.
- More presence: Brands can increase the number of geographical locations in which a shopper can see and choose their brand.
Download full report at www.kantar.com/asia-brandfootprint-2020
Keyword: #Kantar #Worldpanel #MalaysiaBrandFootprint #MostChosenBrands
Kantar is the world's leading evidence-based insights and consulting company. We have a complete, unique and rounded understanding of how people think, feel and act; globally and locally in over 90 markets. By combining the deep expertise of our people, our data resources and benchmarks, our innovative analytics and technology, we help our clients understand people and inspire growth.
Further information about Kantar can be found at www.kantar.com
Photo - https://photos.prnasia.com/prnh/20200702/2847459-1-a?lang=0
Photo - https://photos.prnasia.com/prnh/20200702/2847459-1-b?lang=0
Photo - https://photos.prnasia.com/prnh/20200702/2847459-1-c?lang=0
Photo - https://photos.prnasia.com/prnh/20200702/2847459-1-d?lang=0
Photo - https://photos.prnasia.com/prnh/20200702/2847459-1-e?lang=0
Logo - https://photos.prnasia.com/prnh/20200617/2833487-1LOGO?lang=0
Related Links :